Taxi driver medicals are mandatory and all professional drivers must have medicals throughout their careers.
Taxi driver medicals need to be carried out by a GP in accordance with your local authority and not through the DVLA as with most other driver medicals.
Why a Taxi Driver Medical?
Medical standards matter and we judge an individual’s fitness for operating a vehicle on a case-by-case basis. We match the requirements of the driving task with the fitness and abilities of the driver.
The standards that you may require for you and/or your Taxi drivers may vary, so we’ll establish and agree this with you and perform assessments of fitness according to these levels and at the necessary frequency.
We can advise and make recommendations on a programme of Taxi Driver Medicals in line with Health & Safety Executive and DVLA guidelines, for example after an absence of more than one month or after a shorter absence if it is likely that the illness has affected the worker’s fitness to operate workplace transport.
Find out more about our Taxi Driver Medicals
The benefits of our Taxi Driver Medicals are proven:
- Reduced risk of workplace accidents
- Positive confirmation of fitness to drive a taxi
- Clarity on an employee’s fitness to return to work and operate workplace transport
- Certainty in management decisions about any conditions which may affect workplace transport operators, including their ongoing abilities
- Information about the potential influence of medicines prescribed or bought over-the-counter by individual workers which may temporarily affect a worker’s fitness to operate workplace transport
In addition to our Taxi Driver Medicals, we also offer the following Driver Medical services:
- Taxi Driver
- Train Driver
- Airside Driver
- Commercial Driver
The Latest from our Blog…
Check out our blog for all of the latest news, events and updates from Medigold Health.
For us to stay happy and healthy and be able to perform effectively at work, maintaining good mental health is essential. Here, we share some general advice from our experts at Medigold Health Perform on the key questions to ask if you are feeling low at work and the positive steps you[...]Read More
Human beings are social creatures, and when there is a discrepancy between the social connections we want or need and those that we actually have, it can leave us feeling lonely. Loneliness can result in many different emotions, from stress and anger to anxiety and depression, and in the long[...]Read More